The Head of Patient Advocacy is responsible for the development and implementation of our cross-portfolio patient advocacy strategy and organization, with the goal to build and sustain global relationships between the company and patients, medical professionals, and advocacy organizations. This position is office-based in Exton, Pennsylvania.
- Develop strategic partnerships with advocacy groups and health organizations to advance areas of common interest. Serve as the point of contact for key advocacy groups and act as an ambassador with external patient groups, patients, patient advocates, families, and other relevant stakeholders. Engage with key associations and work to build Idera’s presence on corporate councils at relevant advocacy forums.
- Manage and further develop existing relationships with the advocacy community and seek new partnering opportunities in relevant disease areas. Provide strategic insight on the pulse of the patient populations and ensure strong collaborations with patient advocacy groups. Develop consistent patient community communication channels to ensure clear, credible and reliable sharing of information.
- Represent the patient perspective internally and champion it in critical decision making, including but not limited to collaboration with the clinical/clinical operations teams on development of patient recruitment strategies and tactics, and with the commercial team for pre-launch marketing input and preparedness.
- Manage internal processes to ensure smooth interactions between external organizations and the company, including management of advocacy related funding and donations; ensure the company maintains compliant donation policies and establish appropriate tracking mechanisms.
- Proactively drive ongoing internal communication about Idera’s advocacy program; identify and execute opportunities to build a connection between employees and the patient communities/perspectives.
- 8-10+ years in advocacy relations/communications in the biotech industry, rare diseases preferred
- Highly-motivated, personally accountable self-starter who works with a high sense of urgency.
- Highly developed ability to connect with others and the patient perspective with passion, empathy, and emotional intelligence
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop authentic, long-term relationships across varied stakeholder groups.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple activities
- Highly collaborative and able to successfully and constructively influence and build consensus among others internally and externally
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand key clinical, scientific and commercial information and relay it to stakeholders in an authentic way
- Demonstrated leadership in managing advocacy relations in the biotech/pharmaceutical arena
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed